Trash Pick-up for the Association
At the October Bi-annual Association Meeting a motion was passed to have Lake Effect Disposal serve the entire association waste pick-up. Currently the association has three different vendors coming thru the association each week. Hiring one company will reduce the number of trash vehicles to one per week.
The cost will be $12 per month. Instead of individuals paying Lake Effect Disposal directly for the service, the cost will be added to your monthly dues and then paid by the treasurer. So, instead of paying $125 for dues, you will now pay $137 per month. The association will send a check to Lake Effect Disposal for you. This, of course, is different than how you paid for waste pick-up in the past.
- Service will be provided by Lake Effect Disposal, beginning January, 2019
- Lake Effect Disposal will provide 96 gallon wheeled trash cans
- Recyclables will be placed in a plastic bag and put on top of trash can on collection day. No need for a recyclable bin.
- Service of trash and recyclables will be provided weekly on Friday
- A reasonable amount of yard waste will be allowed in the trash cans each week
- “Snowbirds” who leave for a minimum of 1 month may pause their collection for the time gone with no charge. DOWNLOAD THE WASTE PAUSE FORM, complete, and give to Dan Distel, treasurer, at 17742 Connie Dr.
- Lake Effect Disposal will be set at $12 a month for a period of 2 years.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO ...
Make arrangements with your current vendor to stop service on or before December 31, 2018